I shoot hundreds of photos a week – of my clients, my kids and husband, our dog, my garden, our boat excursions... but I have almost no photos of myself with my family.
Don't let another year go by without booking a professional family or individual portrait session. Framed portraits make heartfelt gifts, are beautiful displayed in the home, and are perfect for inclusion in holiday cards.
What Makes Me Different:
* I got my start as a landscape photographer and I firmly believe that the background in any photo is just as important as the subject. I take great care in finding magical backgrounds.
* I take joy in shooting every combination within your family (i.e. kids alone, Mom/daughter, individual headshots, Mom/Dad, Dad/kids). If you want mainly posed groupings, great! If you want mostly candids of the kids playing, also great! Just let me know before the shoot. If you want a mixture, 60 minute sessions are ideal.
* I will have most shoots edited and back to you for download within 7 days (at the very longest, 9 days during peak season which is August-Dec).
* If it rains on our booked day, you can apply your deposit to another day at no additional cost.
* I will take charge of posing and tell you want to do. I like to do a combination of posed and candid cuddles and fun, but you can tell me which you want more of, if you have an opinion.
* Have body insecurity? No problem! I know all the tricks. Don't feel bad at ALL about letting me know specific insecurities beforehand and I can work some posing magic!
* I pride myself on exceptional customer service, before during, and after our session. Want to text me photos of your outfits and ask my opinion? Worried about two of your kids bickering? Have a creative idea you want to spam me with? I'm here for it!
* I have two distinct edited styles (not filters; they are individually edited by hand), and clients get to choose: For 30 min sessions and 60 minute sessions, I will send a sneak peek album and ask clients which "look" they like best. Some people prefer my dark and moody look. Others prefer natural. (Promotional 20 minute mini sessions will receive my classic natural light and bright edit). More on my two styles here.
* For 60 minute sessions, I remove acne at no additional cost. Just let me know the file numbers of your 5 favs after you receive your album, and I'll spruce them right up. (For 30 minute sessions, add $15 per edited photo)
* I now offer edited video reels of your session! Details and example below.
Scroll down for family packages
Family Photo Packages
30 minute package:
Kids won't last a whole hour? No prob! Have a fun and easy 30 minute session and receive 10 artfully edited images for download, chosen from a fully edited gallery: $275 plus tax. Additional images can be purchased for $10 each, or the whole gallery at a discounted price.
Gig Harbor only. Available weekday evenings and weekend mornings between 9am-12pm. Package valid for one family up to 5 people ($10 more for each additional direct family member; add $50 for grandparents, but receive 5 additional edited photos). Valid at these locations: Skansie Park (9-10:30am), Bella Bella Beach Sandspit on Fox Island (AM weekends and PM weeknights), Kopachuck Park (10am-noon weekends, and we would have time for the woods only), Sehmel Homestead Park (weeknights only, 2 hours before sunset). For examples from each location, click my blog tab above; it highlights each location with pro and cons and examples taken at each park. Click "older posts" to see them all. This package also includes you in the editing process; within 48 hours of your session, I will send a small preview gallery with side by side comparison of my two trademark styles: light and bright or muted modern. You then choose your favorite for the rest of your gallery.
This package also works with a video reel add-on. See more below.
60 minute package:
Want every kiss and cuddle, both posed and candid shots? A 60 minute session is ideal! Price includes the hour session and 20 edited digital images for download, chosen from a fully edited gallery: $450 plus tax. Additional images can be purchased for $10 each or the entire gallery for a discounted price. Valid at one location within 30 minute drive of Gig Harbor.
Valid for one family, up to 6 people. Package valid for a 5 person family. Add $20 more for each direct family member. Add $50 for grandparents and 5 additional edited photos. This package also works with a video reel add-on. See more below.
Gig Harbor Sandspit Package
(AS OF AUG 14 2021, This package can be done, but it is available "by donation" only due to Coast Guard requirements)
One part boat tour, one part family photo safari, these packages are F-U-N. One dad recently told me it was so fun, that he didn't even have to force a smile for his portraits! These packages combine my two favorite things: clicking photos and taking people on my boat (a new 24-ft open bow SeaRay docked right next to Skansie Park).
1 hour session (about 40 minutes of shooting time after the 10 min boat ride), 20 edited digital images for download, chosen from a fully edited gallery: $550 plus tax. Additional images can be purchased for $10 each or the entire gallery for a discounted price
About the boat: I have a 2017, 23 ft open bow SeaRay moored walking distance from Skansie Park. It can comfortably hold up to 10 people. It is super easy to hop off the bow when beaching at the sandspit. Life jackets required for kids 13 and under. I have 13 adult jackets on the boat, 2 kids sizes (50 lbs and above), 1 pink toddler jacket, and a pink infant jacket. If you need additional sizes, bring your own or you can probably find one to borrow on the rack "next door" at Jerisich public dock.
Multiple family sessions:
Contact me for a quote!
Video Reel Add-on: I recently got a mount for my camera to hold my iPhone14 Pro, because if a photo is worth a thousand words, a video is priceless! I will have a video going the whole time of your session, and I will edit the video footage in a reel with music, capturing all the cuddles and smiles. Because when else will you have video footage of you all looking your best and loving on each other? My guess is never! If you have a favorite song, send me the youtube link and I can extract the music to use in the video, otherwise I will use my discretion and send you some choices. You choose vertical or horizontal for you video. 1-minute edited video of your 30 minute session: $75. 2-minute edited video of a 60 minute session: $125. Example of a reel from a 30 minute session here.
Frequently Asked Questions and Session Tips: This is a MUST read! Wondering what to wear, or what happens if your kids have a total meltdown? Click here!
To know what openings I have available, I first need to know what location you want to use. Do you want classic Gig Harbor maritime looks? Skansie Park is amazing in the morning. Want rolling golden fields and woodsy looks? Sehmel park 90 minutes hours before sunset is my favorite. Kopachuck Park is my fav for ferns, forest, beach and driftwood. I created my blog just to help clients choose. Each location has pros/cons and examples I have taken. Be sure to click on "older posts" to see them all.
Each hour I shoot typically takes me 4-5 hours of editing time. You will receive your photos in an online gallery with download instructions for you to print wherever you please. If you choose, there are also high quality print options right from your gallery on my website. You should receive your gallery no more than 8 days after our session. During peak season (Sept-Nov) it could take a couple days longer.
For 60 minute sessions, I will clean up acne/wrinkles on your 5-10 favorite photos at no cost. (for 30 minute sessions, editing cost is $10 per photo). Just let me know the file numbers after you download your album and I will add them to the end of your album once done. All prices subject to sales tax.
I do not offer face-swapping services (i.e. swapping heads from one photo to another).
How to Book:
I can’t wait to work with you! Please send me a message using the Contact tab above and include the following info:
1. The location you want to use. If you don't know, click on my Blog tab; I created it just to help clients choose a spot. Each entry spotlights a different location with pros and cons and examples if photos I have taken there. Be sure to click on "older posts" to see them all!
2. What package you would like. All my package prices are located under the "Sessions" tab above. Prices are at the bottom of each page.
3. How many family members and their ages. It helps me to start thinking up poses and groupings!
4. Optional: your session goals, if any.
Once we decide on a date and time, I will send you a booking page to fill out a questionnaire and sign a contract. A $50 retainer is due upon booking to reserve your date. You can pay both the retainer and the remainder (due the day of the session) from that page via Venmo or Paypal. And don't worry if you don't have either; you can use Paypal as a guest and use a credit or debit card.